By graduate students for graduate students to provide professional development
experiences and promote the physical, mental, and social well-being of the graduate
Providing professional development experiences and promoting the physical,
mental, and social well-being of the graduate student body by working closely with the
administration to communicate the needs and wants of graduate students.
Achieving This Vision
Actions the GSC takes to reach this Vision:
- representing graduate and professional students within the Associated Students of CSU (ASCSU), our campus-wide student government,
- advocating for the concerns of graduate and professional students beyond the university, to the state legislature and other bodies,
- spending fee money allocated to the Graduate Student Council by ASCSU and other entities for the benefit of graduate students,
- building relationships with university administrators to advocate for changes to policies, procedures, and programs that benefit graduate and professional students,
- bringing students from diverse graduate and professional programs together for the purposes of networking, collaboration, and advocacy on issues of common concern.
How to become involved:
- Join the GSC email announcements list to get regular updates (about once a week) about GSC events and activities. Connect to our GSC-announce email listserv here.
- Connect with us on our Slack page, too! Slack.
- Attend the next GSC meeting. We meet once each month during the semester, on the first Tuesday at 6 pm in LSC senate chambers room. All meetings are open for anyone to attend and participate!
- Represent your department or program. This only requires attending one monthly GSC meeting and being generally available as a conduit for students in your program to the GSC. Is your department currently represented? Check the department representatives page: GSC Department Reps
- Represent graduate and professional students on a university committee. Committees on which graduate students get a vote do everything from approving academic standards to deciding how student fee money is spent – serve as a representative or alternate to a committee that interests you! Committee Opportunities