By graduate students for graduate students to provide professional development
experiences and promote the physical, mental, and social well-being of the graduate
Providing professional development experiences and promoting the physical,
mental, and social well-being of the graduate student body by working closely with the
administration to communicate the needs and wants of graduate students.
Achieving This Vision
Actions the GSC takes to reach this Vision:
- representing graduate and professional students within the Associated Students of CSU (ASCSU), our campus-wide student government,
- advocating for the concerns of graduate and professional students beyond the university, to the state legislature and other bodies,
- spending fee money allocated to the Graduate Student Council by ASCSU and other entities for the benefit of graduate students,
- building relationships with university administrators to advocate for changes to policies, procedures, and programs that benefit graduate and professional students,
- bringing students from diverse graduate and professional programs together for the purposes of networking, collaboration, and advocacy on issues of common concern.