Graduate students are embarking on an educational journey to prepare them for a long and successful career. We envision a diverse, enriching research and academic environment with mentors who foremost support the needs and future direction of students, and an administration that prioritizes the physical, mental, and social well-being of the graduate student body.
The mission of the Graduate Student Council is to foster a sense of worth and comradery among graduate students; to encourage and recognize that a diverse and inclusive student body strengthens our community; to listen to the needs and concerns of the graduate student body through representatives and amplify their voices to the Graduate School. Additionally, the GSC provides professional development and social opportunities, procures funds for graduate student organizations, and provides quarterly awards for supply and travel.
The GSC has developed long-standing and effective relationships with administrators to advance the interests and protect the rights of the graduate student body. The GSC is proud of its history of advocacy and will continue to act as a strong and unified proponent for graduate students at CSU.
Achieving This Vision
Actions the GSC takes to reach this Vision:
- representing graduate and professional students within the Associated Students of CSU (ASCSU), our campus-wide student government,
- advocating for the concerns of graduate and professional students beyond the university, to the state legislature and other bodies,
- spending fee money allocated to the Graduate Student Council by ASCSU and other entities for the benefit of graduate students,
- building relationships with university administrators to advocate for changes to policies, procedures, and programs that benefit graduate and professional students,
- bringing students from diverse graduate and professional programs together for the purposes of networking, collaboration, and advocacy on issues of common concern.